1. UK Intelligence: Russian forces are apparently trying to surround well-fortified Ukrainian positions in eastern Ukraine. Flint fell, and heavy fighting was reported south of Izyum as Russian troops attempted to advance into Sloviansk and Kramatorsk from the north and east. Ukrainian forces are preparing a defense in Zaporizhzhia for a possible Russian attack from the south. The day before, they reported that Russia had made little progress in some areas since focusing on the complete occupation of Donbas, but without sufficient logistics and combat support, Russia had not yet made a significant breakthrough. (Source: UP).
2. The Ukrainian military has recaptured territory north of Kherson and west of Izyum over the past 24 hours, according to a new ISW report. But these counterattacks are unlikely to escalate into a major counterattack in the near future, but they undermine Russia’s efforts to fully seize the Kherson region. “Russian forces have still not been very successful in sporadic, small-scale attacks in eastern Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are successfully stopping Russia’s attempts to bypass Ukrainian defensive positions around Izyum, and Russian forces are trying to end the tactical environment, “analysts said. “Russian attacks in eastern Ukraine have seized virtually no additional territory in the last 24 hours. Russian forces are preparing for new attacks to capture the entire Kherson region in southern Ukraine after minor losses over the past 48 hours, “the report said. Analysts emphasize that yesterday’s Russian strikes on Ukraine’s transport infrastructure are designed to hamper reinforcements and logistics. In addition, perhaps the Russians would like to demonstrate their ability to hit targets in Western Ukraine and disrupt Western aid supplies. ISW analysts added that over the past 24 hours, Russian troops have resumed attacks on the Mariupol metallurgical plant Azovstal. But if they resume large ground assaults, they will suffer heavy losses. (Source: TEXTY).
1. Amelin: I don’t have excellent news. The war will not end this year. And in 2023 also, writes Anatoly Amelin, co-founder of the analytical center Ukrainian Institute of the Future. Because Russia will still exist, as well as the threat of repeated aggression <…> For Russia, the existence of Ukraine and the Ukrainian free nation is worse than death. She acts like a criminal sweeping away traces. Why? Because Russia is a fake state that stole our name, history, and many heroes. She invented her own and rewrote our history many times <…> Putin’s war in Ukraine is part of a long-standing Kremlin tradition <…> The name “Russian Empire” was coined by Peter I, who renamed the Moscow State on October 22, 1721, using the name another state <…> The history of the Second World War without Ukrainians would not be what it turned out to be. The terrible numbers of losses evidence this: more than 50% of the dead citizens of the USSR were Ukrainians. And as long as at least one Ukrainian lives in the world (and the Ukrainian diaspora is one of the largest in the world), Russia has no chance. So, we will definitely win. Well, let’s finally mention Zbigniew Brzezinski: “Russia can be either an empire or a democracy, but not both at the same time… Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be an empire…” (Source: Liga).
1. Germany wants to allow the supply of Gepard anti-aircraft self-propelled guns to Ukraine. Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht will announce at a conference on Ukraine at Ramstein Air Base that Germany wants to allow the supply of Gepard anti-aircraft missiles. It is a German anti-aircraft self-propelled unit based on the Leopard tank. In addition, Lambrecht will announce the training of the Ukrainian military at the Panzerhaubitze 2000, which the Netherlands wants to supply to the Ukrainian army. With these two announcements, Lambrecht intends to try to soften Germany’s sharp criticism of arms supplies to Ukraine. The collection of Gepard systems to Ukraine has been discussed for a long time. KraussMaffei Wegmann (KMW) announced back in February that it still has about 50 weapons that Germany can deliver to Ukraine after a short repair. A corresponding proposal was made to the federal government. KMW chief Ralph Ketzel said that weapons systems could be reactivated relatively quickly. (Source: Spiegel).
1. The Russian military captured the Kherson City Council, removed the flag of Ukraine from it, and took away the keys to the building from the guards. It was announced by the mayor of Kherson, Igor Kolykhaev. According to the mayor, he and the employees of the City Council were allowed to go home. From tomorrow Kherson City Council will not work. Kolykhaev worked in it under the Ukrainian flag since the city’s capture. (Source: Telegram).
1. A series of explosions erupted in the unrecognized capital of Transnistria on April 25. On the morning of April 26, two blasts exploded in the lighthouses of the Grigoriopol district: the first at 6:40, the second at 7:05. Militia in Transnistria surrounded the territory of the radio and television center “Mayak” sappers of the Ministry of Transnistria began to inspect all facilities. According to the data at 9 am, it is known that the two most powerful antennas were out of order: one – megawatt, the other – a half-megawatt. Both rebroadcast Russian radio. None of the PRTC staff or locals were injured. A few days ago, Ukrainian intelligence reports say that they began preparing for the FSB bombings to justify the war with Ukraine or to involve the Transnistrian region in hostilities in the war against Ukraine. (Source: UP).
2. In the Belgorod region of RF, on the night of April 26, the village of Golovchino, Graivoronsky urban district, was shelled from the Ukrainian side. Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov announced this on his telegram channel. As a result of the shelling, according to Gladkov, several non-residential buildings and four houses were damaged. There are no dead or wounded. On the evening of April 25, Gladkov reported on shelling from the Ukrainian side of two villages: Nekhoteevka and Zhuravlevka. In Zhuravlevka, two people were injured, according to the head of the region. In recent days, the authorities of the Belgorod region have been regularly talking about shelling from Ukraine, reporting damage and casualties. The Ukrainian side does not comment on the incidents. (Source: Meduza).